Easy and Delicious Homemade Granola Bars - Kid Friendly!
We thought we would share a super easy recipe with you guys that you can whip together in five minutes, and you have yummy healthy snacks all week long. These granola bars can be customized easily, but this is a good base to work with. Here we go!
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup almond butter
2 cups oats
2 cups puffed rice cereal
1 tbsp flax seeds
1 tbsp chia seeds
Variations (choose one or two to customize your granola bars) add 1/4 cup of:
- On low heat, warm the honey and almond butter until it's smooth and easy to mix
- In a separate bowl, mix all dry ingredients
- Add dry ingredients to honey and almond butter mixture and mix well
- Add in your variation ingredients (chocolate chips may melt in this stage - you can freeze them beforehand to prevent this, or just let them melt like I do!)
- Line a casserole dish with parchment paper, and fill with your granola mixture
- Using the bottom of a glass, gently press mixture down until it's very smooth and well packed.
- Place dish in fridge for about three hours
- Cut granola bars with a knife to desired size.
Once we perfected this recipe, we NEVER bought boxed granola bars again, these are just so much tastier and a healthier option.
Let us know if you make these and what you think!